Monday, February 1, 2010

Lifting up Banners!!!!

In the first post we sent out last week asking for prayer, Rob included the passage from Psalm 20 including verses 4-5. It says "May He give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the Lord grant all your requests. Today is a day that we are lifting up our banners and rejoicing that the Lord has granted our requests. When we first got Ansley's results from her MRI back in October, it wasn't long before the Lord starting bringing His word before us and pointing our hearts to call upon His power for Ansley. Many along the way have looked us at like we're crazy, have made their opinions known about how unrealistic we are being and we even ourselves at times have thought we are nuts for what we are doing. But, today, the Lord showed that He is the God of impossible. That he has heard the cries of His people, turned His ear toward our pleas and delivered! I have spent months since those MRI results hoping and praying that we would hear two specific things from Ansley's neurologist at her follow up appointments, and particularly the one today. Today.. we heard those two things come out of her doctor's mouth.

When the doctor first walked in, we did the typical 'hello, how are you?' type of run downs you do in appointments and we informed him we came prepared with a list of questions and concerns. He all the while was just staring at Ansley, who was in turn, (while chewing on her beloved rattle) staring right back. When he didn't say anything, I figured that meant launch into the questions, so as I got out my paper and began to address our questions, he held up his hand and said, "Wait. Let's wait just a minute on the questions because I'm quite amazed. Let's talk about her for a few minutes first, because just by looking at her.... I am in awe." These words were the sweetest music to our ears and we have spent months hoping and praying to hear those EXACT words come out of his mouth when he saw Ansley. Things only got better from there. We talked about how Ansley has cruised through one milestone after another including rolling over, reaching and sitting up all right on time. When we said she was sitting up, he kind of jerked back looking confused and just said, "Oh, wow, that is amazing. Wow, if you had told me back in October that she would be sitting up and doing all that she is doing, I would have said no way--rolling over, maybe, but sitting up--not possible." OH MY GRACIOUS!!!!!! We took that opprotunity to say that the Lord has heard our prayers and is moving in a mighty way in her. He then went on to say another phrase we so longed and prayed to hear and we pray will be words we hear in regards to her development for the rest of her life. He said, "Well, according to the results from her MRI, that is not the baby sitting in front of me. I would have never said what she is doing is possible based on the MRI." WOW! We are so in awe that the Lord has granted us this. We are absolutely in awe of what He has done. It gives us further confidence to boldly approach his throne with our pleas and requests for Ansley and we ask you to continue in joining us. I just looked over at my Bible laying open next to me and my eyes went to the perfect passage to describe where our hearts were even just a few days ago to where they are now.

Psalm 40: 1-3
I waited patiently for the Lord;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the Lord.

God showed us today that He has done things that are impossible in Ansley. He has shown that He has heard our prayers and delivered our requests. Ansley can do things that are impossible according to what her MRI results showed and it is because the Lord has spoken it to be. He lifted us out of the pit of despair with all the bad news last week, and gave us a firm place to stand. I pray that many will see this glory of the Lord and put their trust in Him. We have been praying Matthew 19:26 ".. All things are possible with God." Today, the Lord showed Himself strong and mighty. We are unbelievably grateful and will lift up our banners of praise to Him!!!! We also hope that this shows all who see this and know of Ansley's story that the Lord is moving in a mighty way. Persist on in prayer for our girl. God is moving. Her story has just begun..

8 comments:

nell anne said...

Wow! What an update! We'll keep praying and praising....

eakuban said...

Let the redeemed of the Lord say so! Jordan and Rob, this is just wonderful and exciting news! I have felt like jumping up and shouting and dancing in the streets for y'all! Praise God! And I pray that He continues to do MIGHTY things in sweet Ansley!!

Stephanie said...

Praise God! How encouraging!!

Sarah said...

This is awesome, God is so good and I am forever amazed by your story. We have been praying and have Ansley on our prayer lists in Sunday School. These miracles strengthen our faith every time we read them, please continue to inform us.

Sacrifices of Joy said...

Shouting for JOY to the Lord with you today!!! And continuing to pray and believe that God will completely heal Ansley!

Julie said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!!! I am rejoicing with you!!!

Alex said...

Praise you Soverign Lord! Thank you Father for hearing our cries and answering us. Rob & Jordan, we think and pray for you daily. Peace Be With You! Whitney, Alex & Ava

Rachel said...

Rob, Jordan, Zachary, and Sweet Ansley.
God has placed you on my heart so much in the past few days. I want to thank you for pointing me to God through your story... through your precious girl. I am in awe of the glory God has and will receive. Thank you for allowing His goodness to be seen so abundantly. I pray for you grace for each moment and joy abounding. I wait with great expectation as God reveals the full life He has for Ansley Kate!
Blessings,
Rachel Davidson