Tuesday, February 1, 2011

1st Ebenezer Anniversary


We went out to a celebratory dinner that night to celebrate and wanted to do the same this year, but my car is in the shop getting a tune-up : ( Meanwhile, girlfriend is getting some major new toothage and has chewed through 4 pacifiers in the past two weeks. The pacis stay in her crib for sleeping only, so we dont have major drama, but naptime today was no bliss I'll tell ya that! I wasn't planning on taking them away this early, but we are not going to just chew through dollar bills every night while we sleep!!

Anywaaay, that February 1st appointment of last year was our first Ebenezer. Dan had sent us the verse and idea to make that an Ebenezer for our family to remember and celebrate. It was the first time the Lord really revealed the depth of the glory and power He was pouring out over Ansley. It was a confirmation of the call Rob and I KNEW we had received, in spite of everything, and often almost everyone around us, telling us otherwise.

I will never stop being the 'persistent widow' (Luke 18). Do we control our circumstances? No. Does prayer change things? Yes. So often throughout the new testament when Jesus heals, he asks if the person believes he is able and oftentimes follows up by saying something to the effect of "your faith has healed you." All I know is that my lack of faith will not inhibit healing. Sometimes I hesitate to share fully. Which, I know you may be thinking.."uhh, thats a little scary" because I share pretty much all of my heart with you all. The Lord continues to gift us with increasing faith. Some days easier than others, BUT... We believe that the power of the blood of Jesus Christ will fully restore and redeem our angel girl's brain. That is not unrealistic, denial or fill in the blank reason for protecting ourselves from disappointment... that is faith. Belief, with NO doubt.

James 1:6 But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind."

God is sovereign. The end.


******

Just a little Ebenzer Day fun...








Stumbled upon our little stinker like this. I seriously want to burst with joy when I see her like this. Being all curious, climby and mischevious. I have praaayed for mischief. The LORD is so faithful and good.



She struck again.
Poor baby.




The kids are obsessed with playing upstairs.
I say the word and they beeline to the gate to head up.
Laughing at and playing peek-a-boo with herself.


While this monkey jumped on the bed!
(Our camera is about to kick it... sorry these are blurry.)











A good day, indeed.

1 comment:

The McBs said...

LOVE this! Praising God with you... and looking forward to more amazing things! And your Z is getting quite the bounce on that bed! impressive.